Thursday, May 28, 2009

May Basket Auction


I belong to our local guild here in Fortuna. It's called The Eel River Valley Quilt Guild. Every year they have a fund raiser where businesses and other members donate a basket full of goodies. They then have a silent auction where people put their bid on a sheet of paper. The trick is to come back and check a lot or someone will out-bid you. Most of the baskets go for lots of money, so I never get to actually buy them. I guess I'm a bit cheap. I did want to donate a basket this year. I filled with 4 of my patterns: "Charmed...I'm Sure", Criss-Cross Charms, Charms in the Car and my very first pattern, Sewdoku for Quilters. I put two charm square packs in there along with my famous "Taco Purse". There is some homemade stationary with birds, a "Deely-Bob-Scissor-Fob" and a pendant I made from a Scrabble tile. I also put some of my favorite things like: a "Purple-Thang", UdderCream hand lotion, quilting pins, a seam ripper and some chicken buttons. The duck in the middle of the basket is a recipe card holder from my favorite store, "Art and Old Things" right here in Fortuna on Main Street. I also bought the cute little bird that is sitting in a nest. I'm hoping everyone likes it and it makes the guild a lot of money.
Chirp, Chirp
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers