Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Today is a special day. It's my Dad's birthday!!! We all have special people in our lives, but our parents are the ones that have a great influence on us.

I have lots of great memories as a little girl with my dad. He was a industrial arts teacher in Sacramento, California for over 40 years. I remember going to his shop at school and spending many saturdays making things. I think that's why I love to create. I got my ability to solve problems and repair things from him. I don't think there was anything that he couldn't figure out a clever way of doing better.

I remember getting to go for rides on the motorcycle he owned for a while. Although I burned my leg on the tailpipe several times, I remember climbing on the back and putting my small arms around his waist and hanging on good and tight. What a thrill that was to a little girl.

I remember special summers with my Dad. One summer he took us to his uncle's cabin at Eagle Lake, CA. It was there he took me fishing for the first time and I caught my first fish. (Probably only since.)

Of course there are many more things that make my Dad special to me. The main thing about my Dad is that I always knew that he loved me. Even though through the years we haven't been able to see each other enough, I know that he would do anything for me.

My Dad is a blessing in my life and I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell him how much he is loved.

Happy Birthday Dad!!!


Chirp, Chirp,

Robin

1 comment:

  1. I have a great Dad too! Much of who I am today is because of him. aren't dad's great?

    ReplyDelete

Followers